5 healthy pizzas ideas that will brighten up your week.
Try these 5 Quick Healthy Meal Prep Recipes that take on a FRESH, NEW Spin on PIZZA!! Sneak in a few veggies for a healthy bonding experience! Each night, create a new pizza and each night you can add a new element – French bread, English muffin, tortilla or bagel. Be creative and have fun!
TIP! Give your child the power to choose how they’d like to place the toppings. Suggest patterns, colors! Build your childs sense of autonomy while also increasing their self-esteem and independence.
CAST IRON BASIL AND TURKEY PIZZA
Store bought, pre-made.
1 1/2 Cups tomato sauce
1 Teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 Teaspoon onion powder
1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Big pinch of salt and pepper
– 1/2 pound ground turkey, browned
– 1/4 Cup scallions, chopped
– 8-10 ounces low-fat/part skim mozzarella cheese
– 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, minced
½ cup of parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cook the ground turkey until browned for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Grease the inside of a 12-inch cast-iron skillet with the olive oil. Place the pizza dough in the center and spread evenly towards the bottom edge and 1 1/2 inches up the sides.
- The order of layers is very important to achieving a crisp bottom crust. Begin with the ground turkey. Evenly lay the turkey on the dough, followed by the mozzarella and marinara.
- Sprinkle the scallions and basil on top. Finish with the Parmesan and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Place the skillet pizza on the bottom rack of the oven and cook until the edge of the crust is golden brown and crusty, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
|TOMATO, BASIL AND MOZZARELLA ON FRENCH BREAD|
|2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil|
|2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar|
|1 clove garlic—minced|
|1 large baguette|
|4 ripe tomatoes—sliced
2 cups of shredded mozzarella
|A handful of small fresh basil leaves|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper
ENGLISH MUFFIN VEGGIE SUPREME PIZZA
4 English muffins, split
1 cup pizza sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella
2 cups roasted vegetables( use any vegetables you like, just add a lot of green ones!)
- Heat broiler.
- Spread muffin halves with pizza sauce.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Broil, 6 inches from heat, 3 to 4 min. or until mozzarella is melted.
CHICKEN QUESADILLA PIZZA ON A SPINACH TORTILLA
Flour, For Dusting
1 bag spinach tortillas
1 whole Rotisserie Chicken, Picked Clean, Meat Shredded
1 jar 8oz Chunky Medium Salsa, You Can Use Mild Or Hot Also
1 bag 16oz Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
1 container 8oz Non-Fat Sour Cream
Fresh Cilantro For Garnish
1.Preheat oven to 350°F
2.Take out one spinach tortilla from the pack
3.Top tortilla with the mild to medium salsa, spreading everything onto one edge of the tortilla. Layer on chicken, then cheese, and gently fold tortilla over.
4.Bake for 8-10 minutes until nicely browned. Dollop sour cream here and there, sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!