On the Menu This Week
Coming up with creative and healthy snacks can become a tedious task on a daily basis, so our job is to help you think outside the box while using ingredients that are fresh, healthy and most importantly — yummy! This smoothie bowl is one of Fit Kid Stages favorite recipes to make with our families on our off time and can’t wait to make with our campers this summer. Try this yummy “Blueberry Pomegranate Cacoa Smoothie Bowl“ at home with your family. The health benefits are amazing and the taste will knock your socks off!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries: Blue Fruits and Veggies are high in Vitamin-C and keeps your immune system strong!)
- ½ cup of fresh blueberries
- 1½ cup of bananas (put half aside for topping)
- 1 tsp of agave syrup
- 1 cup of coconut milk (use more/less depending on desired texture)
- ½ cup of granola (topping)
- 2 tsp of shredded coconut (topping)
- ½ cup of pomegranate: Red Fruits and Veggies help to lower blood pressure and keep your arteries and heart healthy!
- ½ cup of cacoa powder
In a blender add frozen blueberries, bananas, agave syrup, coconut milk and cacoa, blend until smooth but still thick( add sunbutter or almond butter for a thicker smoothie) once blended, add to a bowl and have fun adding your toppings.
As you add your toppings count the amount of toppings you put on your smoothie bowl and don’t forget that number. That number will come in handy during our Fit Tip of the week. Once all your toppings are added to the your bowl, take a spoon and dig in… Enjoy!